Thursday, February 12, 2009

more boxes missing

I just received an email from Buckeye5 that, thanks to Hurricane Ike, our two Galveston boxes "The Great Storm" and "Just Off the Strand" are gone, as well as our "Jolly Roger" contribution to Hoppers' "Long Lost Treasure of the Pirate Jean LaFitte." I'm not surprised, but still sad about. I figured the one right on the seawall was doomed, but had hoped that the magnet box farther away from the water might still have a chance. I'm really bummed about Hopper's "Long Lost Treasure." That was such a great treasure trove of really nice stamps contributed by a lot of folks. That was the first time we'd encountered a jackpot of community effort or a lock n' lock box that big or one that was camo painted! I think you could have put a loaf of bread in it! I don't know if other boxers do this, but I think I might scan the images of the stamps of our boxes that have gone missing and add them to our website.


1 comment:

John and Diane said...

I think scanning the images for your website would be a great idea-
D